Bird's Nest Cafe in Nashville, Indiana


On a short visit to Brown County (Indiana) last month, I made my way into Nashville, Indiana with some time to spare before my Sippin’ Trip walking tour of the downtown tasting rooms and visited a fairly new restaurant in town to enjoy brunch.

Tucked a bit off the street down a cute little walkway, Birds Nest Cafe was an adorable spot nestled in this small town that is like a throwback to times gone by. Dotted with little shops and cafes and boutiques and historic buildings, it’s a perfect place to relax and explore. 

 


So, on to the food. There was a nice selection on the menu - sweet potato waffles, biscuits and gravy, a veggie feta scramble, sunrise street tacos. I abandoned my plans to go light when my waitress mentioned the special called “The Kitchen Sink” - a buttery, flaky biscuit topped with hash browns and bacon and ham and scrambled eggs and bacon gravy and more bacon. It was delicious and probably could have fed three people. I made a superb choice.

The decor was cozy and country chic and the front case had some scrumptious-looking desserts, including lime cupcakes. Everyone was extremely friendly and my neighbors at the next table were more than happy to let me photograph their meals before I left. 


Should you find yourself in Brown County (and I highly recommend a couple days in this charming neck of the woods), put Birds Nest Cafe on your itinerary - and tell them the Chicago Foodie Sisters sent you. ;)

Bird's Nest Cafe 
36 West Franklin Street
Nashville, Indiana

***I did receive a complimentary meal for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.


Comments

  1. Great post, really good content. If you are looking for grocery delivery in Chicago
    do visit our website www.myvalue365.com.
    MyValue365 is a specialty store offering free and same day delivering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment